LEAP scholars are students who completed two semesters of LEAP, these students are eligible for LEAP Scholarships and eligible to purchase a cord for graduation . Cords are $6 and can be purchased from Liz Taylor, Sill Center, Rm 150, cash or check only.
LEAP Student Symposium
LEAP LEARNING COMMUNITY 2019 STUDENT SYMPOSIUM
The LEAP Learning Community provides an opportunity for students to present their work in a scholarly setting to students, faculty and other members of the University of Utah community. Students from all LEAP courses are invited to present their research and creative work at our first annual symposium.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: APRIL 5, 2019
This is an opportunity for students to communicate their research and creativity, build communication skills, and show off their work to a diverse audience.
- Students must be the primary producer of the work.
- Student researchers are expected to be in attendance during the main exhibition period on April 26th from 12:30-2:30 PM
For the event:
- A panel of faculty judges will evaluate the projects and award prizes.
- Family and Friends are encouraged to attend.
- Light refreshment will be served.
We are asking that presenters fill out the form via the link below and give detailed information about your presentation, method of display, and any other information that might help us determine our need for space and time.
Please contact Alison Flanders at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Peer Advisor - Application due March 1, 2019
Who are Peer Advisors?
- Peer Advisors are students who participated in the LEAP experience so successfully as first year student that we hired them to come back as role models, liaisons and helpers.
- Each LEAP section has a Peer Advisor, and they are in the class every day, along with the students. They can answer students’ questions about class content as well as questions about how to navigate the University.
- To prepare for their responsibilities, Peer Advisors take an online summer class and participate in a two-day workshop just before classes begin.
- Peer Advisors are considered University Employees and receive $1100 per semester.
- Detailed description of the Peer Advisor Position.
2019-2020 LEAP Peer Advisor Application
Senior Peer Advisor - Application due March 1, 2019
- A student who worked as a Peer Advisor in the LEAP Program in the prior year.
- In addition to the normal responsibilities of the Peer Advisor, they are also leaders over the Peer Advisor Co-hort
- Senior Peer Advisors are considered University Employees and receive $1250 per semester.
- Detailed description of the Senior Peer Advisor Postion.
2019-2020 LEAP Senior Peer Advisor Application
LEAP Summer Leaders - Application due March 15, 2019
2019 LEAP Summer Leader Application
LEAP SUMMER LEADER
The LEAP Program hires Summer LEAP Leaders to help with summer orientation and the registering of next fall’s LEAP students. Current LEAP students or past or current Peer Advisors are eligible to apply. We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable LEAP students to serve in these roles.
- Tabling and answering questions about the LEAP Program during New Student Orientation
- Helping students new to the University register for classes in computer labs during orientation
- LEAP Summer Leaders are the key to registering an informed and excited fall LEAP cohort!
Work schedule (Must be able to a minimum of at least 8 of the following dates)
- May 30: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- June 4: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- June 6: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- June 10: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- June 13: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- June 17: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- June 20: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- June 24: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- June 26: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- July 8: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- July 10: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- July 15: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- July 18: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- July 22: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- July 29: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
- July 31: 10:30-11:30 AM, 2:00-5:00 PM
Summer semester of 2019
average of 5-10 hours per week
$12.00 per hour
- Ability to attend at least 8 of the 16 dates listed above
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Reliable and conscientious
Summer Leaders Time sheets
May 30-June 15, 2019 June 16- June 30, 2019 July 1-July 15, 2018 July 16-Aug 1, 2019