College of HEALTH
Are you interested in exploring the majors in a Health Profession such as
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Health Promotion and Education
- Medical Lab Science
- Occupational Therapy
- Parks, Recreation & Tourism
- Physical Therapy
What will I LEARN?
This two semester course examines bio ethical issues through the framework of humanities in order to situate health care within its essential human context. The class also examines diverse cultural group in the United States for the purpose of developing cultural competence in providing health care to these groups.
- Fall Semester examines literature about diverse cultural groups in the United States for the purpose of developing cultural competence in providing health care to these groups. This seminar fulfills the University Diversity Requirement and a General Education Humanities Requirement.
- Spring Semester examines bioethical issues through the framework of the humanities in order to situate health care within its essential human context. This seminar fulfills a General Education Humanities Requirement.
Health Professions LEAP connects you to:
- The professor who teaches both Fall and Spring semester.
- The classmates you’ll be with for both semesters.
- Faculty, advisors, and librarians in the College of Health and elsewhere on campus.
Health Professions LEAP helps you to develop:
- Critical thinking and effective reading strategies.
- Fluency in oral and written expression.
- The ability to work effectively in teams.
Library research skills are taught as part of your LEAP class. In the spring semester you can sign up for LEAP 1060 to receive an extra hour of credit for completing library work folded into your LEAP class.
Fall 2017 Class Schedule
|Class #||Subject||Cat #||Sec||Days||Time||Location|
|1048||LEAP||1100||007||TH||9:10am-10:30am||HPR N 242|
|1072||LEAP||1100||008||TH||10:45am-12:05pm||HPR N 242|