Since 2005 the LEAP Program, has many foundations and individuals continue to support our Learning Communities. Student who finish the two semester course of the LEAP Learning Communities are eligible for scholarships with our program. We appreciate the ongoing support of all our donors.
Who are Peer Advisors?
- Peer Advisors are students who participated in the LEAP experience so successfully as first year student that we hired them to come back as role models, liaisons and helpers.
- Each LEAP section has a Peer Advisor, and they are in the class every day, along with the students. They can answer students’ questions about class content as well as questions about how to navigate the University.
- To prepare for their responsibilities, Peer Advisors take an online summer class and participate in a two-day workshop just before classes begin.
Senior Peer Advisor
- A student who worked as a Peer Advisor in the LEAP Program in the prior year.
- In addition to the normal responsibilities of the Peer Advisor, they are also leaders over the Peer Advisor Co-hort
LEAP Summer Leaders
The LEAP Program hires Summer LEAP Orientations Leaders to help with summer orientation and the registering of next fall’s LEAP students. Current LEAP students or past or current Peer Advisors are eligible to apply.
Primary responsibilities are tabling and answering any questions regarding LEAP courses and helping student in the computer labs to register for classes. Past year Peer Advisors or LEAP students will be paid, future Peer Advisors can accrue service hours. A two-hour orientation session with LEAP Program Director Carolyn Bliss will be required.
LEAP SUMMER ORIENTATION LEADERS ARE THE KEY TO REGISTERING AN INFORMED AND EXCITED FALL LEAP COHORT.
You will be required to submit the hours that you have worked.